Debt Collector (Debt Collector, #1-3) - Susan Kaye Quinn We all come into the world in this agony: first our mothers scream their pain, then we wail our own in that first breath of life. It's a wonder more of us don't leave the world the same way. After i read the 1st episode I was curious to read more of Lirium life. Since the books are written in his POV, it feels like you're in this journey with him, walking in his shoes.In this dark and gritty future, we have more clues of what a debt collector does and how the system works... and how it only takes for you to have some bad luck, to no longer became considered a potential citizen. And then, someone checks your remaining days, your remaining life force to distribute to the ones still considered potentials.Now those rise lots of questions, who really decides who the high potentials really are? And are only does that "deserve" get it or can someone buy that extra life?In this 2 volumes, we see how this is getting a toll in young Lirium. Despite being only 20 years old, he have seen far too much pain, he had "take" many lives.Still we get too see how reckless he can be and how, even he doesn't see it at the time, he is trying to do the right thing and trying to see how things really work.The new characters are interesting and appeared to be a bit ambivalent, we can't gauge for sure in which side they are,or what are they're intentions towards Lirium.Still, the series continues fast paced and quite intriguing.Looking forward to read the next volumes and keep reading more about Lirium's world.**egalley kindly provided via netgalley in exchange of an honest review**