The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) - Julie Kagawa In this dark future, humans are ruled by vampires. They are scarce cities, and which one is ruled by a master vampire, a Prince. The humans are registered and branded like "cattle". They must obey and they must give blood donations. All in exchange of protection and food.Protection from what exactly?From the rabids, a sort of zombiefied and mindless creatures, that are a threat for humans and vampires. Allie, our heroine,is Unregistered and she lives with her "crew" in The Fringe,the outermost circle of the city. There were several good things about being Unregistered. You didn't exist. You were off their records, a ghost in the system." She hates the vampires, for treating all the humans like animals. For banishing any kind of knowledge and for considered humans sacks of blood.She and her companions scavenge the city, trying to find any food or anything to trade for food, in order to survive. Until one day she is attacked and it's faced with only 2 choices, to die or to become one of the monsters, a vampire.She chooses to live and she now have to learn, from Kanin, all the rules for being an immortal.The lessons are cut short when she have to flee the city and run for her life. With nowhere to go, she finds herself walking around until she comes a cross a band of humans, that are looking for Eden, a place secured and free from vampires.Tagging along with them will test her new instincts and her power of will. What will happen if she is discovered?*************What do you get, when you mix dystopia with vampires?A truly AMAZING story!!!From the first pages, you'll get sucked up in this dark and gritty world. Characters I loved Allie!She is just such a strong and kick ass heroine! It's fascinating to go through this journey with her, from human, to vampire, to monster, to wanderer... she is loyal, determined and brave. Oh and she doesn't take crap from anyone!And Zeke?He won me over! At first he seemed to good to be true... " So, what do you think I am?"Naive, I thought at once. Naive,brave, selfless, incredible - and much too kind to survive this world. It'll break you in the end, if you keep going like this. Good things never last. And I confess I was disappointed for his reaction when he learned the truth. But he did redeem himself several times.And Kanin?Our favorite mentor (I kept thinking of him like, Sensei) and one of the most interesting and captivating characters. I truly hope we'll get much more of him in the 2nd book.Overall, I was a bit caught by surprise of how much i LOVED this one. Incredibly rich story, with a dark and gritty set, with strong and complex characters.Oh and did I tell you, that Allie fight with a katana? 5 big stars For this one and more reviews go to:A Bookworm Confessions**egalley kindly provided via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!**