Release Me

Release Me - J. Kenner It's not Jason...not Hercules...not even Perseus... His face consists of hard lines and angles that seem sculpted by light and shadows, making him appear both classically gorgeous and undeniable unique. Meet Mr Damien StarkHe used to be a famous tennis player. A great one. He is a business man. A billionaire. One of the most powerful men in the world.He is a man used to succeed in each field he apply himself. He is not used to hear the word "no".Then enters Nikki Fairchild.She used to be a pageant queen.She is a brilliant young woman. Smart. A woman in a man's world.She wants to became a new Nikki. A fierce and independent woman.She wants things in her own terms, she doesn't want to ever again became someone else's puppet.They met at a party and the attraction between the two of them is inevitable and irrevocably. I am in heaven from his touch. Lost. Floating. Dancing in a haze of pleasure. He wants her. She is afraid of letting go. She have secrets, scars on the outside and inside and she is afraid of letting someone him. Someone that could break all of her walls. " I am smart, Nikki," he says."I'm smart enough to know that you feel it,too. This isn't just heat, it's a goddamned conflagration. Not chemistry, but nuclear fission." He makes a proposition she can't refuse. Ultimately she doesn't plan to surrender. But life doesn't always go according to plan, doesn't it? " I'm going to fuck you, Nikki.Pleasure? We're going to blow the roof off pleasure. I'm going to make you beg for it. I'm going to claim you. I'm going to tease you. I'm going to torment you. And you're going to come for me like you've never come in your life." My body quivers with desire. My lips part. I'm breathing fast. I don't understand my reaction to him. It's primal. Fierce. I am overwhelmed by the urge to simply surrender. This book is sizzling HOT. But besides all of the hot moments, the story had depth. I enjoyed a lot that their first encounter did take time through the book...we got the whole evening, the sexual tension and even the confusion.And one hell of a limo scene! Nikki had personality, besides smart she could stand herself to other, especially Damien. I must admit that sometimes i thought that she did slapped him a lot (one of the times he had barely spoke and she goes all BAM!) but even so it showed she had backbone.And well Damien, besides that alpha male aura, could show vulnerability, those glimpses of showing what he felt and letting her in. One of my favorite moments was his reaction when he learned her secret, he was tender and sweet, and showed her though his actions, how perfect he think she is.THANK GOD it didn't end with a major cliffhanger.I can't wait to read more of this series!! "Do you know what passion is? Most people think it only means desire. Arousal. Wild abandon. But that's not all. The word derives from the Latin. It means suffering. Submission. Pain and pleasure,Nikki.Passion." "Do you trust me?" *gasps*(all gifs of dear Matt are dedicated to Soraya and Debra, for sharing all his pics during their updates/reviews...having him in my mind as Damien made the reading so much fun ;) )*egalley kindly provided by Random House Publishing Group - Bantam Dell via Netgalley in exchange of a honest review*