Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)

Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2) - Colleen Hoover Point of Retreat starts right after the epilogue from Slammed.But this time we get the story through Will's eyes, heart and soul.And what a ride it is!Like the first book, this one is not only a story about a boy and a girl in love ; it's also the story about the bond between brothers, the bond between grandparents and grandsons, the bond between best friends, ... It's the story about family and how it doesn't have to be blood, sometimes they are friends, those people that stand by you, in the good and the worst.The story begins right after where Slammed left on, and we get first hand of this unconventional (and amazing) family daily life.And then they receive a last gift from Julia, and i got to say that, it's just one of the most thoughtful and beautiful presents ever and useful. It's really one of most amazing gifts to give a love one. "Will and Lake, Love is the most beautiful thing in the world. Unfortunately, it's also one of the hardest things in the world to hold on to, and one of the easiest things to throw away."Their relationship will be tested. By doubt, by their past, by life. "Sometimes two people have to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together." Will and Lake are perfect because they aren't perfect,it's endearing how they show how you can love a thing about your loved one and feel aggravated by it too, it's to love who the person is and not an ideal of it.Point of retreat is just such a beautiful book, like Slammed, i got immersed in it and couldn't stop reading it. I felt every emotion with them, i laughed, i cried (quite a lot, i must add) from joy to heartbreaking moments, i smiled, i get pissed off with them, i wanted to defend them and put my fist to the air and say "Hell yeah".I felt every word and every scene.And well i love each character dearly, Lake, Will, Kel, Caulden, Eddie, Gavin, Kiersten and Sherry. Amazing people, who i wish they were real, so i could stalk them and they would let me enter to their group =)So i don't think i need to add but i Butterflying LOVE this book5 INFINITE STARS*ARC courtesy of Atria Book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*